Friday, March 30, 2012

North Dakota

Carlo reporting from the promised land: So, I am now on day 3 in North Dakota.  Things are very hectic up here and it is very apparent that there is no depression/recession at all in this area.  I have heard that the unemployment rate for this area is under 2%.  I have been out and about touring with Taylor, learning how to get around town and also applying for a couple of jobs.  Hopes are high that I might be able to get on with Taylor's shop owner hauling some water next week some time.  Finding housing is a big challenge and I hope that I can start working soon so I can claim an income amount on rental applications.  Without that, we aren't getting into anything.  I took a few photos on my way up here and thought I would share.


The last "hill" and pile of trees, for the most part.  About and hour east of Billings, Montana.
 
Not much going on out there. Flat.



One of the first pumps I saw. These things are everywhere.

This is about as agressive that the terrain gets in these parts. Gnarly.

Man camp. This is actually a bit more luxurious than the sardine style housing.
One of the rigs doing work, son.
The wells produce a natural gas by-product and it is burned off. Looks cool at night as these things are all over the place.
Sunset from downtown Minot near the Barlow's place.
 I sure am missing my family right now.  It is a weird feeling being without them and very unnatural.  I love the time I am on the phone with Audrey and the girls and am especially glad that modern technology allows for Skype and actually seeing my crew while I am away.  I hope that this time apart is kept to a minimum.  I hope to keep posting to the blog, but when I start working life becomes driving and sleeping with no time for much else.  Stay tuned, I guess.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment