Monday, January 3, 2011

Cheers - To a New You!!

Can you believe it? Another year has come and gone. I can remember thinking about the future YEARS AGO, and thinking of 2010/2011 and imaging that we would be traveling around in space cars and wearing metallic jumpsuits. Welcome 2011! Any car at all would be nice, and a metallic jumpsuit? NO thanks.

I don't know who decided that we should have 12 months and that once December ends we begin again with January, but I'm grateful! Why? I get to start my life all over again come January and try to become a better person. I can help Ken to stop biting us when she is frustrated with us or spend more time teaching Em colors, and spend less time nagging Carl to put his shoes away (although seriously WHY can't he just put them away, SERIOUSLY? How hard is it?) A new year is the best excuse to throw out the past and embrace the changes and challenges to come with more grace than the way we have handled ourselves in the past. With the ringing in of a new year, comes resolutions. Here are mine. Oh let me explain, I do one resolution for each: Spiritual, Mental & Physical.

Mental: I would love to remember my friends and families birthday's.
I can NEVER remember my anniversary and even worse Carl's birthday, and therefore you can imagine the countless number of times I have forgotten my family and friends birthdays or anniversary's. Its not that I don't care or don't love you, I am simply stupid with numbers. Thank You to facebook who saved me countless number of times last year, however I would love to be better about dates.
Spiritual: I want to go to the Temple once a month.
The temple for me is a place to re connect with my creator and remember why we are here and how to handle ourselves for the remainder of our Journey here on this Earth. It is my peaceful escape from all the craziness around me. So why wouldn't I want to go AT LEAST once a month.
Physical: LOSE 22 pounds.
I'm not quite sure how I got so unhealthy, maybe it was the ice cream or too many nights sitting on the couch, or the amount of weight I gained while pregnant, or the medication that I'm on that for most people adds an extra 20 to 30, but whatever is it... I'M DONE. I have entered into a competition with one of Carl's friends. Our final weight in is April 1st. Wish me luck, this guy doesn't seem like the type to lose so I'm in for it!

Those are my resolutions, wish me luck on the way, and if you could remind me of your Birthday that would be GREAT! If you could babysit my kids so that I can go to the Temple, that would be even better and please don't make any treats! We are all so imperfect that I hope that this new year we look past those imperfections in ourselves and each other, and get along more, love more, dream more, and most of all make the best of the year to come. With that said:

Hold up your glass (mine containing sparkling cider) and toast to reinventing yourself to becoming a better version of what you were last year! HAPPY NEW YEAR


This is not the most flattering photo of our family. Carl is half asleep, Ken looks priceless trying to get my drink, I simply just look goofy. Thank goodness for our dear Em who saved the photo. This is however the first pic of our family together after we rang in the new year!

2 comments:

  1. Nice goals. The weightloss and temple once a month also ended up on my list-imagine that :) Good luck and you can totally beat Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good goals. And the temple and losing a few pounds are being worked on over here! Good luck against Phil! Even though it's on the second day he's pretty hardcore. We had so much fun ringing in the New Year with you guys! Even if the girls did get slaughtered in the Celebrity game. Who were we kidding any way? Hope you're feeling better! No fun to work out and eat well when you have a cold!!

    ReplyDelete