Just when you think your life has settled and your starting to get on top, it has a funny way of reminding you otherwise. Lets be honest, a lot has been going on recently and I'm not one to shy away from the truth.
We have been living in Victor for about a year now, and it's been pretty darn good. After losing our home to foreclosure we couldn't afford much and that included a rent payment. We were so fortunate to be put into the place we are now with an extremely low payment. Over the year it was a great time for me to mend my broken heart from losing our home, and for us to start getting our feet back under us, that included getting our debt in control. We read a great book (I can't remember the name of it now) and put a plan into action. We sold Carl's truck, started an emergency savings fund and were on the way to paying off my car with the help of this year's coming tax return when a very nice gentleman knocked on my door serving us papers. THANKS BANK OF AMERICA for suing us. JUST what I wanted.
Of course when you sign papers to buy a house if you can't pay then they can come after you, and they did. I guess it should not have come as a surprise, but I was shocked to say the least. It's not like I wanted to lose my home. We were not too terribly irresponsible. At the time we purchased our Condo we had more then enough money to make the payment, and then the economy tanked. We borrowed money, sold a dirt bike, fly rod, and welder all to make payments and the bank just would not work with us. After all we could do it just wasn't in our cards. To make sure their was not any confusion when they served us papers they were sure to include the mortgage agreement we signed.
Now a year later and we are to pay an obscene amount of money. Carl met with an attorney on Monday and our attorney was able to settle for A LOT less then what they were asking and now we have to use our emergency fund (not pay off the car) and borrow a large lump sum to settle the lawsuit. ALL BY FRIDAY. At the same time we were offered a great deal on a Condo back in Driggs. Ironically enough (because I LOVE irony) it's only two doors away from our Condo that we lost. I don't think I've stopped crying since Thursday when all this happened. We are moving, it is a little cheaper then where we are now, and closer to Carl's work and our friends. I'm kinda having a hard time with all the changes. I don't do changes well AT all, I like having things planned out down to what the girls will be wearing at church on Sunday laid out the night before. For the first time in a long time I feel completely unsettled and at odds with the world.
In the mist of all this craziness Carl has been a rock, my rock. While I ball my eyes out, he is just so reassuring. "Everything is fine, you have nothing to worry about." I seriously don't think anything to him has changed, his attitude is so refreshing and reassuring. So reassuring that we can pay people back, and get back on top of paying off debt, and just so calm. And ya know what? As I'm sitting here writing this and watching Madagascar for the 1000th time, I'm realising that everything will be fine. My girls are beautiful and healthy, my marriage is fantastic, and I live in the best Country ever (minus Obama). Please no sympathy or comments, I blog for me, and to get my feelings out, and I'm feeling much better! Life has a funny way of reminding you things.......
So, I know you said no comments or sympathy. But I do sympathize with you... we are struggling too, so I know how you feel. Joe's work is SOOOO unpredictable. Well, it's predictable in that we know we will have little work in the winter, but there's always the hope that something will come up (which sometimes it does), but we just never know.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, hang in there! Keep your chin up and say your prayers and everything WILL work out. :D