Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Eternal Families

As I sit here at this very moment writing about Eternal Families my little Ken ken has her arms wrapped around me and telling me that I am the "best eber." Do you ever feel so stongly about something that you can feel it in the very core of your body... your soul?, that it emcompasses you completely? If not then just stop reading here, because when I think about my family being forever I can FEEL IT!
I've thought very recently about what it means to have an eternal family and how strongly and important it is to maintain sacred covents so that we can be together forever. Let me explain, let me be bold!

I have witnessed death up close and known many in my life to pass away, I have also witnessed many of my family and friends  fall away from the gospel of Jesus Christ. As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I have a firm testimony that families do not just exist here on this earthly life but forever (long past taking our last breaths) as long as we keep the covenants made in the Temple. That is why temples are SO important to members of the "Mormon" religion. It HURTS my heart to watch people I know stop going to the temple and not doing what they are supposed to because they are throwing away their opportunity for their families to be eternal. I guess this hits home so much more to me now because as I look into the eyes of my little ones I think  how could I not want to be with them forever? Well that's whats you are saying when you don't keep your temple covenants right? Maybe I just don't get it.

Ha ha... it is time for me to end this as Ken has shoved something up her nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment