What a crazy week. First Ken had the stomach flu, then Carl, and now Emrie. I just really hope that I don't get it. I hate when my girls are sick. I hate that I can't take away the pain, and make everything better for them.
Tonight I started to make Ems Halloween costume. She is going to be a Kitty, which is very fitting for her because she is always crawling around on all fours meowing. Its pretty darn cute how their imaginations work, but poor Carl I think sometimes hes worried she won't grow out of it. Its then I remind him that he slept on the floor at the foot of his parents bed for years and he grew out of that. I borrowed her a pair of kitty ears on a head band and a tail. I got her fleece black pants and a matching sweat shirt. Around here in the Siberia of Idaho all Halloween costumes have to be made or bought for cold weather. I made a black tutu to give her costume a super cute girly factor. Kennady is using Em's Skunk costume from last year.
I looked at a place this weekend to move into. It was an older home, and being an older home the rooms were super small. Our king bed would be the only thing to fit in the largest of the two bedrooms. That factor alone ruled out renting that house pretty quick. Even though rentals are really cheap right now, they are still out of our very tight price range, which puts us in the position of having to rent in low income apartments. These apartments are the apartments we first moved into when we moved to Driggs after I finished college. While living at the Fox Creek Apartments I can remember passing by these really cool condos being built right next to the apartments wishing one day that I could live in those condos, and get out of the "ghetto". Dreams do come true, because we were able to by one of those condos. There were so beautiful. Tile floors and showers, stainless steel appliances, knotty alder cabinets and three bedrooms and two baths. At first it was just Carl and I, and then Em came, and then Ken, and then the death of the economy. We could no longer make the payments and foreclosure came. That was a difficult time for me. I felt a little like we failed, but most of all I hated saying good bye to the place where we made so many great memories. In the mean time we have been so blessed to have a rather large townhouse we have been staying in, but the guy that owns the place is raising the rent forcing us to find somewhere cheaper - perhaps being the Fox Creek Apartments. FULL CIRCLE!! Life has a funny way about it. When I moved from those apartments I thought it would be for forever. A good riddance type of thing. Not that living in low income housing is bad. Its not. Its just that I dream big, and after the condos I dreamed of us perhaps building a home.
I believe with all of me that everything in life happens for a reason, and that there is a lesson to learn from every trial and every person we meet. What a crazy life this is.
No comments:
Post a Comment