What a crazy Halloween it has been. The top two pics are from Trick or Treating Main Street on Friday. The businesses on Main Street in Driggs pass out candy from 3:30 to 5:30 and its awesome. The Trick or Treat on Main is one of the reasons that I love small towns. Most of the businesses you go into you know someone that works there, and everyone is so friendly and they usually get the good candy!
The bottom two pics are from our Ward Halloween Party put on by the Primary (that means I helped ALOT) We did a chili contest, carnival games, pumpkin carving contest and costume contest. Carl won funniest costume for age category 20 +, which I think has gone to his head because he keeps telling me that he is the cutest nerd ever, and he won. LIKE I DIDN'T KNOW!! I passed out the awards and I think I deserve the credit because I dressed him! We even put on the trunk or treat outside, and made it safer by sectioning off an inside section of the parking lot. There were more people then I have ever seen before. OH yeah, for those of you that don't know, trunk or treating started as a way for mormons to celebrate halloween on a saturday when the Holiday falls on a Sunday, it was also started because it is safer, and in small communities like ours, you can just stay in one place to get your trick or treating done, instead of traveling ALL over. (at least I think thats how trunk or treating started) So basically people dress up their trunks with cobwebs and pumpkin and lights, well really anything halloweenish, and the kids go from trunk to trunk collecting candy. It rained this year, and Em's bag broke during the candy collecting. I think that was the only melt down we had during this process. It has got to be SO confusing to get dressed up multiple times in a 2 day period.
It is now Sunday, the actual Halloween day, and we are going over to my sisters house for dinner. She always makes a fun Halloween dinner, last year I think we had floating eyeballs in our cups, or something like that. It will be interesting to see what she does tonight and with that, its 5 and we should be there.
Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment