Em has been doing SO well potty training. I don't even remind her or ask her anymore if she has to go...... until today. Every Wednesday we go to story time in Alta, Wyoming. Why do I travel 20 minutes to go to a library in Wyoming, when I live two blocks away from one? This is why: This library is new, it looks like a little red school house, and it has an ENTIRE kids section... when I mean kids section, they have a fish tank, puppets, computers, bean bags, floor cushions, toys, and arts and crafts, and story time. FINALLY... someone got it right. This library is great because it caters to children!! Also, this is not just any regular story time. For example, our first story time at this library, they read all books about dogs and then brought in a puppy for the children to play with, and this is how all the story times are. Always something fun for the kids to do that relate to the books they read them. Today, the lady doing story time dressed as a witch and read Halloween books, then they had sugar cookies for the children to decorate with orange frosting, chocolate chips and raisins and those hot cinnamon things. During the cookie decoration, Em stood up and peed all over the floor. HOW EMBARRASSING. I just laughed and ran her to the bathroom. Why not a full blown fit? Or hitting another kid? C'mon we all know those are both less embarrassing then having your child pee on the floor in front of everyone. Thankfully I had two really great friends with me, who took care of the mess on the floor and Kennady. I also have to give myself a pat on the back for having put extra pair of pants and panties for Em in the car. However she soaked her shoes and socks and I didn't have extras of those. (lesson learned) I think she was just to into what she was doing (licking the frosting off the cookies) that it didn't even register to her that she had to pee. Thanks Tiff and Jerai, I don't know what I would have done without you guys!
Too funny! I was never brave enough for months & months after potty training to leave the house with Emma in panties, I stuck pull-ups on her. I love what you did with the header for your blog, did you get that program Amanda has?
ReplyDeleteI used picnik.com. You would LOVE it!
ReplyDelete