Friday, November 19, 2010
An update
Life has been pretty slow.... not a whole lot is going on, but here are some things about the girls. A few days ago Em asked to hold Carl and I. She had us lay our heads in her lap. After a few seconds she said, "oh, my two girls." Carl and I got a good laugh. Whenever I am holding both Em and Ken, I always say, "oh, my two girls." It was super cute that Em had picked that up, and even better that it included Carl. This morning Ken was sitting on our bed and playing with a ball, when the ball fell off the bed she said, "uh oh." She can only say papa and mama, so uh oh, is a big improvement on her lack of speech. We were so excited. It's crazy how the simplest of things can make us so happy. I remember Em didn't talk for the longest time, and being so worried, but when she did start talking she really made up for lost time, so I'm not worried about Ken at all. It is nice to be able to communicate though, but it will come. Today we are supposed to be getting a pretty good storm. There is a winter storm warning calling for for 8 to 24 inches of snow. I don't believe it, but I went outside to clean off the back deck, just in case. As I'm cleaning, I look behind me to find Em with my shoes on clopping around on the deck. I don't think clopping is a word, but it fits for the way she was walking in my shoes. Pretty cute!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment